History, Science, and IssuesBook - 2017
Providing scientifically accurate, detailed, and accessible information to students and general readers, this book presents the history of vaccination; describes the administration, manufacturing, and regulation of vaccines in the United States; and explains the most recent scientific findings about vaccination while addressing concerns of those who oppose immunization.
* Explains in depth the uses, dosage, adverse events, contraindications, and limitations of every vaccine
* Provides a detailed, scientific explanation of the mechanism by which vaccines create immunity
* Examines current controversies in vaccine usage and their scientific and social basis
* Offers an international perspective on vaccine development and use
* Documents the anti-vaccination movement that has existed from the 18th century through today